This summer I wanted to do a photo series on people who I know and also don’t know very well. I didn’t just want to post photos anymore. I want people to get to know the people behind the pictures. So, I asked some people some questions to answer before I took their photo:
- Where are you from?
- How/when did you accept Christ as your Savior?
- Do you have a place that you go to or have gone to be with the Lord? (quiet time)
- What person from the Bible are you most like?
- Where has God changed you in your life so far this year?
Here are Erik’s and Adrian’s answers. Enjoy
Love and Joy Always.
1. I am from a small town in the Inland Empire part of California, which is 45-60 minutes east of Los Angeles.
2. Accepting Christ as my Lord and Savior took place this year on 4th January 2015. It was a harsh and long battle. Prior to being saved, I was longing for something greater. Something captivating. Something that could nourish you without depending on materialistic things. Unfortunately, I was dealing with witchcraft during that time, and was deceived into thinking witchcraft was “nourishing’. Three weeks before my liberation, my brother Adrian brought me to SISU. Here, I realized the love, and compassion they all had, came from ONE GOD, the one who died for our sins, the one who rose from the grave, the Alpha and the Omega. Jesus, who redeemed them all. I wanted more of HIM, but I had to leave all sinful things behind. So I did, and I was finally liberated from a dark area of my life. A chapter forever left behind.
3. I honestly don’t have a quiet place or time. However, it’s on my priority list, because I know this will strengthened my relationship with HIM.
5. God has honestly changed me so much just this year. I struggled a lot with depression, symptoms of schizophrenia, witchcraft, dark arts, and other sinful thoughts/acts. I thank God so dearly for liberating me of the things that haunted me the most. I know God is nowhere near done with me. Still much to go, still much to await for, still much to smile about 😀
1. LOL, I’m from all over the place. I moved way too many times. However, I am originally from San Bernardino, CA. I lived there for a while until the passing of my mother.
2. I accepted Christ on New Years 2015. I realized that living in sin and being agnostic wasn’t making me happy at all. I felt lonely. I felt like I was wandering on my own in the dark. Coming to Christ would remove that loneliness and other psychological disorders too. I’m happy to say that I made the right decision.
3. When I have the opportunity to have quiet time with The Lord, I have it at home. But I usually prefer to have it upstairs at The Gathering Place when SISU bible study/night happens.
5. God has liberated and healed me from various mental disorders. I mainly suffered from depression and social anxiety. He’s not done with me, and I’m excited to see what else He has in store for me.