This summer I wanted to do a photo series on people who I know and also don’t know very well. I didn’t just want to post photos anymore. I want people to get to know the people behind the pictures. So, I asked some people some questions to answer before I took their photo:
- Where are you from?
- How/when did you accept Christ as your Savior?
- Do you have a place that you go to or have gone to be with the Lord? (quiet time)
- What person from the Bible are you most like?
- Where has God changed you in your life so far this year?
Here are Lesley’s answers. Enjoy.
Love and Joy Always.
1. I was born in Washington, DC but raised in Frederick, MD.
2. I have been going to church since I was 11 and accepted that Christ died for me when I was 13 and I was baptized then. However, it wasn’t until 8 months ago that I truly gave my life to Christ and was re-baptized. So, in a short answer I would say 8 months ago because that’s when I truly understood what Christ did for me and I could call Him my Savior.
3. I absolutely love nature. So I would say anywhere secluded—I really enjoy the mountains/forests, or by the ocean. Anywhere where I can soak in the magnificence of His creations. Gardens are awesome too.
4. That’s a tough question.. Hmm, I would say Paul only because he believed he was the worst sinner, but God was still able to use him in a tremendous way. I, much like him, tried to understand how God could use me. I felt unworthy of such a high calling because of the stuff I had been through in my past. However, because of the same mercy that was shown to Paul, I am able to confidently say that He has redeemed me and calls me His child. I am so excited to see the things that God will do for His Kingdom through my life—the possibilities are limitless with Him.
1 Timothy 1:15,16- This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them all. But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life.
5. So far this year God has been doing some WORK in my life lol. How? Showing me certain parts of my heart that are ugly and that needed to be purged. Learning to love others even when it’s difficult to. Humbling me more. Understanding His heart for His people. Freeing me from past and present things that continued to me down. The tearing down of the little box I subconsciously was putting Him in. Running to Him instead of others when going through a trial. PRAY PRAY PRAY!! But I think the biggest thing that I have learned this year is more of His love. How He saw me always, and will continue to see me with eyes of perfect love even through my short comings. How He is always quick to see the best in me, and how His love forever endures, without weakening. THAT has been the most life-changing revelation of all! I have tasted and seen, and I don’t ever want to go back.